The Southern Kentucky Area Health Education Center (AHEC) is accredited by the Kentucky Medical Association (KMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Southern KY AHEC retains the right to withhold/withdraw/adjust credit at any time, should it determine that the KMA/ACCME Essentials, Policies, Standards for Commercial Support and/or Southern KY AHEC policies and procedures are not being followed.
All applications for CME credit must be submitted 6 months before the date of the activity, and no later than 3 months before the date of the activity. The approval process will not start until the CME Office receives a complete application with all documentation required.
Complete the Activity Request Form
Note: If there will be commercial support/pharmaceutical money associated with this learning activity, please email email@example.com at the on set of the planning process. See the definition of commercial support below.
You must agree to the following guidelines:
On your marketing materials, you must announce the offering of Southern AHEC CME credits in all advertising, you must submit any promotional items at least one month prior to when you wish to distribute your advertising, along with the CME Application. The Southern AHEC credit statement must be on any advertisement of the activity. If it is not this could lead to denial of credit.
Please note: Do not send any advertising of your activity with a mention of Southern AHEC CME credit before credit is approved, as this violates regulations and could lead to the denial of credit.
- At your activity, you must use Southern AHEC’s rosters to confirm physician attendance or the AHEC’s Learning Management System. These will be provided to you once the activity is approved.
- You must provide all learners at the activity with disclosure information about relevant financial relationships of all speakers and planners with either a written or verbal disclosure statement. A written disclosure statement will be provided to you once the activity is approved and all information is received to the Southern AHEC. (If verbal you must provide Southern AHEC with written and signed verification that appropriate verbal disclosure occurred at the activity.)
- You must provide the AHEC with outcomes or evaluation summaries of the activity.
- You must provide a final budget of the activity to the Southern AHEC.
- Activity materials (i.e. brochures and advertisement) must never include the use of a corporate logo, trade name, or a product-group message of an ACCME-defined commercial support/interest. (See the definition of commercial support below.) If any logos are used this would result in denial of credit.
Commercial Support/Pharmaceutical Definition:
Commercial support is financial, or in-kind, contributions given by a commercial interest, which is used to pay all or part of the costs of a CME activity. A commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. Example: pharmaceutical companies such as Merck, Pfizer etc.